Call 352-292-4116 Mon-Thurs, 9am-4pm EST

Projects by Division Point

Division Point
PROJECT DESCRIPTION
D&RGW 4-6-2 Pacifics, Class P-44
Announced May 05, 2011
3 versions

As passenger trains became all steel and longer, the Grande's 4-6-0s had to be double-headed and could not maintain schedules. This necessitated the purchase of faster, more powerful passenger locomotives for the "Atlantic Express" and the "Pacific Express". The need was addressed by the purchase of six Baldwin 4-6-2s in 1914. Numbered 1001-1006 (later renumbered 800-805). The Class P-44 Pacific's came with 67-inch drivers and the same boiler as the K-59 2-8-2s! As mainline passenger power, they were replaced by larger 4-8-2s in 1922, and demoted to secondary mainline operation. All were scrapped in 1949-1953.

The Division Point and our premier steam builder Boo-Rim Precision will bring you these neglected "Pacifics" in "Scenic Route" and "Flying Grande" graphics.

Sold out
D&RGW 2-8-2 Mikados, Class K-59
Announced May 05, 2011
2 versions

With the completion of the Western Pacific in 1910, the Rio Grande's traffic pattern changed and " bridge line" traffic became the order of the day. This necessitated the purchase of faster, more powerful locomotives. The need was addressed by the purchase of fourteen Baldwin 2-8-2s in 1912. Numbered 1200-1213, the Class K-59 Mikes came with 63-inch drivers and superheating, but lacked mechanical stokers. Principal mainline freight power, they were placed by larger 4-8-2s in 1922, when they were demoted to secondary mainline operation. When the Dotsero cut-off was completed in 1934, the K-59s were upgraded with mechanical stokers, syphons and power reverses, resulting in re-assignment to passenger service! Superseded by 4-8-4s during World War Two, the 59s finished their service back on the secondary mainlines. Though half were scrapped by 1948, the others lasted until 1956 when #1207 was the last scrapped.

The Division Point and our premier steam builder Boo-Rim Precision will bring you these neglected "Mikes" in "Scenic Route" and "Flying Grande" graphics.

Sold out
The East Wind - B&M / MEC / NYNH&H / PRR
Announced Apr 28, 2011
4 versions

In 1940, the "East Wind" train began service. The "East Wind" was a fast summer-only coach train which ran through from Washington D.C. to Bangor, Maine from 1940 to the late 1950s. The train was a joint effort, operated by the Pennsylvania, New Haven, Boston & Maine, and Maine Central. The railroads each contributed to a pool of passenger cars which were used on this train. During the East Wind's first two seasons (1940 and 1941) the cars used were all (temporarily) painted yellow, silver, and dark blue. The Second World War brought about an end to this practice and the cars used on the post-war East Wind remained in their normal railroad colors.

Sold out

SHOP BY ROAD